Acsenda School of Management (ASM), located in downtown Vancouver, is a private degree granting post-secondary institution that has been offering a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree in British Columbia for over ten years. Acsenda has small class sizes and a diverse international student population from over 20 different countries. ASM follows a quarterly system with intakes in January, April, July and October.
Reporting to the Dean of Business, the EAP and Pathways Coordinator will have responsibilities, among others, as follows:
- Teaches EAPP 100 (3-credit course) and oversees the teaching of the EAP courses
- Establishes the academic goals and plans for the EAP courses and assessment and contributes to the overall academic and institutional plans and strategies
- Coordinates with EAP and English instructors and with other faculty regarding English communication problems experienced by their students, analyses students’ needs and provides advice on the corresponding solutions
- Coordinates the review of EAP and/or ESL /courses at other institutions requesting to gain eligibility for direct entry of their graduates into the ASM degree programs through Linkage Agreements
- Intellectual and emotional sensitivity to the challenges that face international students who are integrating into a new culture as well as educational environment, and will have the commitment to contribute to the best possible outcomes
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a related academic discipline (Ph.D. is an asset),
- Extensive experience in ESL and particularly EAP instruction and curriculum development, as well as broad knowledge of current trends and challenges of EAP course delivery at the post-secondary level
- Understanding of globally and locally recognized proficiency standards and tests of academic English, particularly in their equivalency with ASM’s tests and EAP curricula
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in the promotion of the EAP program and in the establishment of linkage agreements with ESL schools
Job Type: Full-time position
Salary: Depending on qualifications
Required education: Master’s
Required experience: TESL – 5 years
Required license or certification: TESL Canada
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: May 23, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.