EduCo International Group is a global provider of education services with a focus on the education of International students in English speaking destinations. With an expanding delivery network, encompassing campuses in Australia, Ireland and North America, EduCo institutions cater to a broad range of students with course offerings across the English, Pathway, Vocational and Higher Education sectors. EduCo’s institutions include wholly owned private campuses, delivery partnerships and on-campus pathway programs with higher education providers. EduCo currently operates two institutions in Canada namely Arbutus College which covers the English and Career sector and Acsenda School of Management in the Higher Education sector and with expansion plans across the market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Financial Administrative Assistant based in Acsenda School of Management (ASM).
The Financial Administrative Assistant will provide financial and administrative support to ensure that operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. This role will also provide excellent customer service at the front desk reception.
As a Financial Administrative Assistant, your duties will include:
Student Financial Administration
- Enter and update student account information into the financial system as required
- Verify student enrolments and student profile information in the Student Information System
- Generate student Invoices and receipts and balance student deposits daily to the bank
- Liaise with other departments, including Enrolment Services, Marketing/Recruitment, and Finance to provide information regarding student accounts
- Process student payments including tuition, medical insurance and textbooks
- Assist with reconciliation of student textbook payments.
General Financial Administration
- Verify financial information on various documents
- Make bank deposits when requested
- Assist with processing AP/AR, expense claims as required
- Review agency commissions for accuracy and prepare request for the payment of agency commissions in a timely manner
- Review and respond to all agency emails for commission requests
- Other duties such as assisting with Front desk coverage, responding to student inquiries,being a part of committees as assigned and complete assigned duties from these committee meetings, and preparing documents, forms and correspondence as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Technical skills in book-keeping, financial recording, review and analysis
- Data management and entry – preferably within an educational environment
- Previous experience in a customer service front line role (preferably with international students)
- Excellent customer service skills in person, phone and by email.
- Prior office administrative experience and familiarity with office procedures and protocols
- Experience using office equipment including photocopy machine, fax and scanner and multi-line phone
- Strong Working knowledge of MS Office package – Excel, Word, Power Point, Access
- Planning and Organizing – ability to multi-task; ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and
- Ability to work with persons from different cultural backgrounds.
In return we will provide you with the opportunity to learn new skills and achieve your career aspirations in a diverse, fun and friendly team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Financial Admin Assistant: 1 year
- Vancouver, BC