EduCo International Group is a leading global provider of education services with a focus on the education of international students in English speaking destinations. With an expanding campus network in Australia, Canada, the United States and Ireland, EduCo’s institutions cater to a broad range of students with course offerings across the Higher Education, Pathway and Vocational sectors. EduCo currently operates two institutions in the province of British Columbia, Canada namely Arbutus College which covers the English and Career sector and Acsenda School of Management in the Higher Education sector.
Acsenda School of Management (ASM) is a private degree granting institution offering undergraduate programs in business and management in the province of British Columbia, Canada. With international students from over 20 different countries, ASM is committed to teaching excellence and quality programs that prepare students to work in selected sectors of the global labor market.
We have an opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced talent to join our team at Acsenda School of Management as Manager, Academic Affairs . The Manager, Academic Affairs will assist the VP Academic on matters related to all teaching and academic support. This role will provide support to the faculty to achieve the overall goals and priorities of ASM, meet quality assurance and compliance standards, and promote the ongoing improvement of teaching, curriculum and student learning outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating, facilitating quality control of academic programs
- Continuous quality assurance initiatives, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Academic program development and management
- Faculty coordination and mentoring of faculty members on classroom management and course delivery effectiveness
- Delivery of Objectives Goals Strategies and Measures (OGSM) particularly as it relates to the administration of the ASM Academic Programs
- Coordinates and facilitates student success interventions
- Serves as the Secretary of the Research Ethics Committee
- Teaches at least 2 courses per year
- Provides assistance to the Deans in other areas as may be required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following qualification, skills and experience.
Knowledge and Qualification
- Expertise in post-secondary academic management and administration (at least 5 years of experience)
- Teaching at undergraduate level and/or higher (at least 5 years of experience)
- Performance Management Skills (5 years or more experience)
- Assessment Skills
- Doctoral degree is required
- Additional relevant professional qualifications (preferred)
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership – demonstrated success in (a) faculty and academic program development and (b) quality assurance and compliance
- Innovative approach for academic program development
- Communication – Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with faculty and students; strong public presentation skills, ability to write effective reports and proposals.
- Analytical and Critical thinking – related to problem solving, presenting a strong business case, analysing data.
- Interpersonal, influencing – tact and diplomacy, the ability to develop effective working relations with staff, faculty, and external contacts; strong negotiation skills.
- Networking and Relationship Building – builds and sustains constructive, open, and friendly, professional relationships with faculty, staff and internal and external colleagues, industry contacts, and government officials.
- Ability to represent ASM professionally and with integrity
- Planning & Organizing – workload and financial planning and monitoring and the ability to assess priorities.
We welcome your application for this role opportunity if you aspire to develop your career in a diverse, fun and friendly team environment.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to Tess Ireneo-Manalo, VP Academic & Dean, BBA via firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.