EduCo International Group is a leading global provider of education services with a focus on the education of international students in English speaking destinations. With an expanding campus network in Australia, Canada, the United States and Ireland, EduCo’s institutions cater to a broad range of students with course offerings across the Higher Education, Pathway and Vocational sectors. EduCo currently operates two institutions in the province of British Columbia, Canada namely Arbutus College which covers the English and Career sector and Acsenda School of Management in the Higher Education sector.
Acsenda School of Management (ASM) is a private degree granting institution offering undergraduate programs in business and management in the province of British Columbia, Canada. With international students from over 20 different countries, ASM is committed to teaching excellence and quality programs that prepare students to work in selected sectors of the global labour market.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced and talented Student Services Coordinator to join our team at Acsenda School of Management. In this role you will provide leadership and coordination of student and alumni engagement activities that contribute to their positive learning experience and engagement with Acsenda School of Management (ASM) before, during and after their studies, and to assist in students’ career preparation. This role is essential to developing and delivering a positive student experience and contributing to the retention and success of students at Acsenda.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordination of services and activities as identified in the Student Services Framework to promote student engagement and retention
- Overseeing development and organization of Student leadership initiatives, including the Student Association and clubs
- Providing information and support to students on student housing, immigration, medical insurance and other related areas
- Liaising with students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders to identify student life programming needs on campus and in the community
- Development and delivery of career service for students including workshops and information on job search skills, promotion of job opportunities for students and liaison with prospective employers
- Coordination of orientation activities on campus.
- Developing and maintaining website content on student, career and alumni services.
- Engagement of alumni members through facilitating Alumni Association activities and initiatives and targeted communication.
- Monitoring student satisfaction and student services program effectiveness through regular surveys.
- Preparation of reports as required
- Other duties as may be required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following qualification, skills and experience.
Knowledge and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Activity and event planning skills and experience (2+ years)
- Experience working in a post-secondary educational student services related area
- Experience working with international students preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership –student, community, initiate
- Communication – ability to present to work with diverse groups
- Analytical and Critical thinking – ability to conceptualize and analyse problems
- Planning & Organizing – strong organizational skills, ability to balance workload and assess priorities.
- Fluency in a second language is an assest
In return we will provide you with the opportunity to learn new skills and achieve your career aspirations in a diverse, fun and friendly team environment.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to: Neil Mort, VP Enrolment & Student Services/Registrar via Neil.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.