EduCo International Group is a global provider of education services with a focus on the education of International students in English speaking destinations. With an expanding delivery network, encompassing campuses in Australia, Ireland and North America, EduCo institutions cater to a broad range of students with course offerings across the English, Pathway, Vocational and Higher Education sectors. EduCo’s institutions include wholly owned private campuses, delivery partnerships and on-campus pathway programs with higher education providers. EduCo currently operates two institutions in Canada namely Arbutus College which covers the English and Career sector and Acsenda School of Management in the Higher Education sector and with expansion plans across the market.
Acsenda School of Management (ASM) is a private degree granting institution offering undergraduate programs in business and management in the province of British Columbia, Canada. With international students from over 20 different countries, ASM is committed to teaching excellence and quality programs that prepare students to work in selected sectors of the global labour market. The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree allows for concentrated areas of business studies including accounting, international business, marketing and human resources management. The Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM) degree is uniquely designed to prepare graduates for management career in the hospitality industry. ASM faculty and staff are committed to an international perspective on learning and individualized attention to supporting student success.
To provide leadership and coordination of student and alumni engagement activities that contribute to positive learning experiences and engagement with ASM for students before, during and after their studies, and to assist with student preparation for transition into employment opportunities. This role also includes scanning the external and competitive environment and working with marketing and academic teams to identify opportunities for strategic initiatives that will grow and retain enrolments while ensuring quality standards and compliance. The Manager Student Services and Retention is essential to developing and delivering a positive student experience and contributing to the retention and success of students at ASM.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Development and delivery of the Student Services Framework to promote student engagement and retention.
- Accountable for the achievement of successful student retention rates in line with regulatory and organisational expectations
- Coordination and monitoring of returning-student engagement during the Registration process each term
- Developing and coordinating strategies to enhance student enrolment (number, quality and diversity) in collaboration with the senior leadership team.
- Development and delivery of Student leadership initiatives, including the Student Association and clubs.
- Development and delivery of resources for students on student housing, immigration, medical insurance and other related areas.
- Liaising with students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders to identify student life programming needs on campus and in the community.
- Oversight of ongoing orientation activities on campus to promote and ensure student awareness of community standards and codes of conduct
- Development and delivery of career service for students including workshops and information on job search skills, promotion of job opportunities for students and liaison with prospective employers.
- Developing and maintaining website content on student, career and alumni services.
- Engagement of alumni members through facilitating Alumni Association activities and initiatives and targeted communication.
- Development of metrics to assess student satisfaction and engagement, and student services program effectiveness.
- Monitoring and analysis of institutional trends related to student engagement and success, and development of appropriate strategies to provide continual improvement.
Position Key Performance Indicators
- Student satisfaction rates
- Retention Rates
- Return to term Registration engagement
- Number of student and alumni events; participation levels
- Orientation events and level of student engagement
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Preferred
- 3 years’ experience working in student support services, preferably in a Post-secondary educational institution
- Activity and event planning skills and experience
- Experience working with international students preferred
- Communication – ability to present to work with diverse groups
- Analytical and Critical thinking – ability to conceptualize and analyse problems
- Planning & Organizing – strong organizational skills, ability to balance workload and assess priorities
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging role as a Student Services & Retention Manager, please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible. Please note due to high volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted. Thank you.