Message from the Chair of Academic Council, Dr. Glen Farrell
There are many reasons to choose the Acsenda School of Management (ASM) if you are interested in pursuing a bachelor degree in Business Administration or Hospitality Management. At ASM you will study with students from all over the world in classes that are small, where student/faculty interactions are valued, and where the emphasis is on academic quality and student support.
The ASM Academic Council plays a primary role in ensuring that this commitment to program quality and student learning is paramount. The Council approves program curricula, monitors student achievement, and makes recommendations to the President to ensure continuous improvement. The Council also has responsibility for recommending the awarding of degrees when students complete their programs of study and for maintaining liaison with the Degree Quality Assessment Board of British Columbia. The Council membership includes faculty, student, alumni and administrative representatives as well as a number of external appointments with experience in teaching, research and governance in various Canadian universities and colleges and ministries of advanced education.
I hope you will consider choosing Acsenda School of Management and on behalf of my colleagues on the Academic Council I bid you welcome.
Glen M Farrell, B.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., LLD (Hon.)
Chair, Acsenda School of Management, Academic Council
Academic Council Members
The Academic Council includes representation from students, alumni, faculty, administrative staff and external members appointed by the Council whose experience and/or academic stature will assist the Academic Council to carry out its mandate. See below for a list of Academic Council members.
- Chancellor – TBA
- Chair – Glen M. Farrell (B.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., LLD)
- Chair, Academic Standards Committee – Shell Harvey (B.A., B.Ed., M.A.)
- External Academic – Sir John Daniel (M.A., M.A. (Ed.Tech.), D ès-Sc.)
- External Academic – Carolyne Smart (B.Comm, MBA, Ph.D.)
- External Academic – Stanley J. Shapiro, (BA, MBA, Ph.D.)
- External Academic – Michael Tittel
- Preident Pro Tem, Vice President, Enrolment & Student Services/ Registrar – Neil Mort (MA, MBA)
- Vice President, Academic & Dean, BBA – Teresita Ireneo-Manalo (B.S.C.-Acctg., M.Sc.-Bus.Econ., Sp.Lic.-Mktg, Ph.D.)
- Executive Director, Bachelor of Hospitality Management – Stephen Lynch Ph.D.
- Manager, Library, & Instructional Services – Ali de Haan (BFA, MLIS)
- Faculty Representative– Mike Au, MBA
- Faculty Representative –Dr. Sydney Scott (B.Sc., MBA, D.Ed., PCC)
- Faculty Representative – Nathan Arney (BA, MBA
- Alumni Representative – Raul Alejandro (Alex) Frias Vitela
- Student Representative – Bruno Borges de Loureiro