Acsenda School of Management (ASM) – Vancouver, BC is an independent, for-profit higher education institution providing undergraduate degree programs in Hospitality Management and Business Administration. ASM is seeking an experienced and innovative educational leader to serve as its next Dean for the Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM) Degree Program.
The Dean of the BHM Program is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and ongoing management and quality assurance of the program. Responsibilities include the development of the curriculum, establishment and oversight of the internship program, supervision of full and part time faculty, negotiating collaboration and articulation agreements, and building industry contacts and networks locally. The Dean works closely with all areas of the institution to ensure the high standards of educational programming and quality assurance, and student success.
EduCo International is a diversified, post-secondary education company dedicated to helping international students achieve their academic and career goals. EduCo owns and operates private colleges and works with public and not-for-profit universities in growing the student community and the creation of specialised on-campus pathway programs in Australia, Canada, Ireland and the United States.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures that the BHM program meets the intended outcomes, are aligned with the market demand and support student success
- Establishes academic goals and plans for the BHM and contributes to the overall academic and institutional plans and strategies
- Identifies opportunities for new courses, program delivery and enhancement
- Establishes and supports a BHM Program Advisory Committee of employer and business representatives to provide advice and feedback on the BHM program
- Provides orientation and ongoing training and professional development to enhance teaching and learning effectiveness.
- Develops, revises and implements appropriate academic policies and procedures per the ASM policy development process
- Ensures that the learning environment and academic standards within the program meet the appropriate degree level standards;
- Plan and lead the curriculum review process for renewal of consent; communicate with Ministry officials regarding program submissions and requirements.
- Maintains a PT teaching load equivalent to 1 course per term, and can cover substitution classes where necessary
- Provides guidance to students regarding their courses, academic plans and progress
- Initiates and facilitates student learning experiences outside the classroom (e.g. case competition, student clubs, guest speakers, field trips etc.)
- Encourages a climate of student and faculty mutual support by the implementation of regular consultative procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- An earned Doctorate degree in a related area (hospitality and/or business, or management or education)
- Significant industry experience in hospitality management
- Experience teaching and research in a related program; online or blended delivery an asset;
- At least two years’ experience as a program or department head in a related program including budget preparation and management (preferable)
- Considerable previous experience with program proposals and degree granting regulatory bodies
- Ability to lead and develop faculty and professional staff effectively
- Excellent communications skills with faculty students and staff; strong public presentation skills, ability to write effective program proposals and program reviews.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted). Thank you.
Click here to apply: https://www.indeedjobs.com