EduCo International Group is a global provider of education services with a focus on the education of International students in English speaking destinations. With an expanding delivery network, encompassing campuses in Australia, Ireland and North America, EduCo institutions cater to a broad range of students with course offerings across the English, Pathway, Vocational and Higher Education sectors. EduCo’s institutions include wholly-owned private campuses, delivery partnerships and on-campus pathway programs with higher education providers. EduCo currently operates two institutions in Canada namely Arbutus College which covers the English and Career sector and Acsenda School of Management in the Higher Education sector and with expansion plans across the market.
Acsenda School of Management (ASM) – Vancouver, BC is an independent, for-profit higher education institution providing undergraduate degree programs in Hospitality Management and Business Administration. ASM is seeking an experienced and innovative educational leader to serve as its next Vice-President Academic (VPA). Reporting to the President ASM, this role will be a champion for ASM and its academic programs internally and externally, guide the development of degree programs for the institution and provide inspiring leadership for its Academic team.
- Provides Leadership and coordination to ensure academic excellence in programs;
- Ensures effective and efficient administration of the educational activities of ASM including the appointment of highly qualified deans, directors and faculty;
- Ensures compliance with the BC Ministry of Advanced Education for degree consent;
- Establishes the academic goals and plans and contributes to the overall academic and institutional plans and strategies;
- Identifies opportunities for new programs; supports strategic partnerships and articulation agreements with professional bodies;
- Provides financial resource planning and budget requirements for academic programs and monitors expenditures and resources;
- Chairs the Academic Standards Committee.
Quality Assurance and Compliance
- Ensures that that ASM conforms to the conditions for consent for the academic programs granted by the Minister of Advanced Education as recommended by the Degree Quality Assurance Board;
- Establishes and maintains an internal Quality Assurance Framework to ensure continuous quality control management processes and ongoing pedagogical development and review for the institution;
- Ensures that all procedures and policies approved by the Academic Council are known, understood and carried out by all students and members of the faculty and staff;
- Prepares DQAB Annual Report and follows up on responses as required;
- Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the institution through engagement in various levels of government and educational councils of the province and other pertinent bodies in the field of higher education;
- Oversees program renewal and new program proposal processes for appropriate regulating authorities;
- Oversees articulation agreements and pathway relationships.
Faculty Development and Management
- Supervises the Academic Deans, Director of English Studies and Manager of Library and Instructional Services;
- Oversees the hiring processes of the academic area;
- Ensures regular and systematic yearly evaluations of all teaching and non-teaching staff reporting to this position;
- Ensures that regular academic meetings and communication meet the needs and challenges of a growing student population;
- Reviews faculty compensation for teaching and administrative work to ensure resource needs, internal equity, and external competitiveness.
Program Review and Assessment
- Reviews relevancy of courses and programs which may enrich or expand the scope of the curricular offerings or the phrasing out of courses/programs that may have become redundant or irrelevant;
- Coordinates the program review of the BBA with the BHM program requirements including self-study and external assessments;
- Prepares submissions for renewal of program consent and contributes to the preparation of organizational reviews.
Student Academic Support
- Where applicable, makes final decisions on exceptions to academic policies and procedures, as per approved policies;
- Ensures appropriate resources and processes are in place to support retention initiatives;
- Ensures adequate library and learning resources for students and faculty are in place.
To be successful in this role, candidates will need to have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- A track record of success as a senior manager in a higher education setting
- Academic leadership experience in higher education
- Five years of Instructional experience at an undergraduate level, preferably also at a graduate level
- Current experience in business/management education
- A passionate educator, with superior experience in teaching methodology and assessment
- A visible and energetic leader, effective motivator and consensus builder
- Ability to work in a diverse educational and work environment
- Superior English communication and interpersonal skills with current and related research experience
- A demonstrated track record of cultivating progressive and innovative ideas
- Holds an earned Doctoral level degree.
The following criteria are illustrative of the background, experience, skills, and personal qualities the committee will consider in the selection of the ASM VP Academic:
- A track record of success as a senior manager in a higher education setting.
- Academic leadership experience in higher education.
- Five years of Instructional experience at an undergraduate level, preferably also at a graduate level.
- Current experience in business/management education.
- A passionate educator, with superior experience in teaching methodology and assessment.
- A visible and energetic leader, effective motivator and consensus builder.
- Ability to work in a diverse educational and work environment.
- An innovative and strategic thinker.
- An effective and persuasive writer and orator.
- Superior English communication and interpersonal skills Current and related research experience.
- A track record of developing and implementing highly effective performance management and staff development tools and practices.
- A demonstrated track record of cultivating progressive and innovative ideas.
- Holds an earned Doctoral level degree.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted). Thank you.
For more information and to apply; see the full posting at https://www.indeedjobs.com/educointernationalgroup/_hl/en?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XW5aRnY2g_zos_1WAXHb5RLYr4Qp-LQ-kg (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)